Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Vengeance Excerpt on Goodreads.com

Goodreads.com is possibly the coolest sight I have discovered lately. I know have a Goodreads author profile. I've already made half a dozen reviews and found the profiles of all my favorite authors to see what they have to say.

Now for the exciting news! I know all of you have heard so much about Vengeance. For the first time, I am publishing an excerpt for everyone to read!!! The excerpt will be placed in other locations, but for now, it is only available here on Goodreads.

For anyone who is interested, I thought I'd include the goodreads description that I included on their site.

Goodreads Description

Manuscript Status: Third draft, 75%; 140,000 words.

The story currently follows three main characters, two siblings from a border tribe, and a powerful, disillusioned warrior seeking for revenge. Worldbuilding is very complete. The Kingdom of Men is alight with dissension and wars. Inevitably, the characters are drawn into the conflicts, both physical and political, but they soon began to fight a greater foe, one that men only think they've beaten.

The Essence, their magic, is of course unique to this series. It is generally believed to have been completely corrupted and deluded. A special few know the truth--it was only corrupted. And only one inexperienced girl believes the impossible--the magic was misunderstood.

I am currently worldbuilding and planning the storyline for the remaining two books in the series. The manuscript only needs a few basic changes near its end. As you'll see from the excerpt, the flow, characters, and storyline are all in excellent condition for a third draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment